Bronco tank measurements request

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking into replacing the rust filled tanks on the ambulance project but concerned with the the cab and chassis frame being too skinny to fit the Bronco tank. Can someone who has this upgrade measure the length and width of that tank for me? Not
Concerned with the height, the truck has plenty of room.

Thanks y’all!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think they're about the same width as a regular rear tank from our trucks. I know that's not a very accurate measurement, but it's all I can offer.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Looking into replacing the rust filled tanks on the ambulance project but concerned with the the cab and chassis frame being too skinny to fit the Bronco tank.

There is a plastic rear tank used in F350/F-Superduty cab & chassis trucks. Probably have to find a used one though. I have one if you need measurements.

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul, what did you discover about a larger tank in the cab and chassis? That's what I've got and need to replace my tanks and lines.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul, what did you discover about a larger tank in the cab and chassis? That's what I've got and need to replace my tanks and lines.
I’ve found that they are real hard to find, I mostly use the 33 gal bronco tank instead. We ended up cleaning out the tanks in the ambo

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul So, I'm pretty sure I have the cab and chassis. Does this confirm it?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Secondarily, both my tanks have leaks, and I'm looking to replace my tank. Is the 33gal bronco the tank for me? If so, do you happen to know the best part no and/or source for that?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
133" wheelbase is std cab longbed. I think you have a pickup with a bed-delete option.

Cab and chassis have 135" or 159" wheelbase, 34" wide frame, and 2.25" wide leaf springs.