brake fade

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright so im working on a 88 f350 4x4 single cab long bed if that matters and im getting just a little bit of brake fade and im clue less
so master cylinder was replaced about a year ago and we just got done doing front pads rotors and rubber caliper hoses and rear shoes drums and wheel cylinder
all the brake fittings are dry i triple checked with brake clean and bleed the brakes 4 times inside of the wheel cylinder boots are dry and the back of the master is dry aswell is stuck a wire in the brake booster and no brake fluid was present
what's going on here? im probably just over thinking things can anybody shed some light?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced the MC a year ago, it`s dry now, and you see no leaks.
My bet the MC seal blew and dumping Brake Fluid into the Booster.

Goat

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't mention 'if' the master cylinder fluid level is staying the same or lowering.

WrenchWhore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the Master cylinder did you bench bleed it first? I just did mine and it took almost 50 full strokes of the piston before all the air was out.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fluid level is staying the same
no clue about master being bench bleed i was not the one who bleed it

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the Master cylinder did you bench bleed it first? I just did mine and it took almost 50 full strokes of the piston before all the air was out.
My money is on the MC needing to be bench bled. It doesn't take much air in there to make a difference.....it's crazy. It takes forever to bleed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online