Boost problems

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Back once agian different truck though.gotta 05 6.0 has 155’s and the blue spring mods that’s about it.stock turbo off my other 6.0 cause I thought I was having turbo issues.the problem is it shifts bad has no power smokes like a freight train and over boosts and blows boots off.like it’ll bury my boost gauge at 60psi. Ebp sensor unplugged it’s way better you can actually drive it.put a new sensor on today the tube seemed clean I couldn’t get it pulled off though. Old sensor was black but didn’t seem that bad.put the new one on and it’s doin the exact same thing as before so I just unplugged it’s agian.could it be from the tube bein clogged or something else

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could very well be from the tube being plugged up. Have you tried running some stiff weedwhacker string through it (a coat hanger would work also)?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It could very well be from the tube being plugged up. Have you tried running some stiff weedwhacker string through it (a coat hanger would work also)?
Ya but I couldn’t tell nothin with it in the truck I’ve gotta new tube I just have to get fat arm down in there to take it off the manifold lol.i sprayed some stuff in it to see if it was stopped up if not and it was draining but I guess that doesn’t really mean nothin

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ain’t had anytime to mess with it till today we couldn’t get the tube off it’s stuck pretty good but they said it was pushin exhaust through it so they cleaned the sensor and put it back on.well at a idle my duty cycle is 14 and I’m still over boosting like hell.could the ring be stuck from Havin the sensor unhooked for so long.it was like this with the old turbo also I just never unhooked the sensor till I started blowin intercooler boots everyday.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Sure sounds like it could be a stuck unison ring
That’s what I’m thinkin it may be from runnin it so long unplugged.it was fine on my other truck but I’ve ran it awhile unhooked but it would kinda cycle when it was unhooked

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Just watchin today I’ve noticed the more throttle I give it the higher duty cycle like wot it’s spiking to 70%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online