Body style swaps

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Hey guys been a while since iv posted on here. I have an 89 f250 that got pulled into my shop for some project work to be done to it. I have a few questions

Id like to find a newer cab for it. I think i have found a 1996 cab but i want to stick with my older dash and interior. If i get the bare 1996 cab and doors will 89 dash bolt in?

2nd question is i have a complete front end fenders forward off a 1985 truck. The flat front end. How do the body lines line up if i put that sheet metal on the 96 cab?

Kinda odd questions. Thanks for the help!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't answer the dash question. The body lines on the fenders will line up. But you will have to modify the lower rear fender bracket to mount the fender down there to the later cab. And the older style bumper may not fit the front of the 1989 frame. You will have to check that also.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of changes in the 92+ cab.
steering column is bolted to a big aluminum bracket.
is it do able? I don't see why not..
but mounts will have to be fabbed for your old style column support

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Making bracket mounts shouldnt be an issue. As far as the cab mounting to the 89 frame. Are the dimensions of the cab the same?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as long as youre swapping the same kind of body, itll bolt right up

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If you can put an OBS dash in an older truck, then I don't see why you couldn't put an older dash in a OBS truck. Will it a bolt in? Probably not. You'll probably have to make some brackets or something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online