Body lift.

Boondocker44

Reaction score
Trying to find a body lift for a 1990 f250 4x4 7.3idi.... Any advice would be helpful, I can't find any aftermarket brackets for lowering the radiator.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at Performance Accessories. You don't lower the radiator, you just trim the fan shroud on the bottom for fan clearance.

The bricknose guys should chime in here, but I know on a 92-97 you have to go 2" and clearance the firewall just a bit. 3" make massive interference between exhaust manifold and firewall. The Performance Accessories kit was very complete with all the right hardware, and it even came with a nice little spacer for the steering shaft which makes the length perfect.

Lastly, if you put serious weight in your bed, you should think about adding some additional mounts or blocks between the rear frame rails and the cross members on the bottom of the bed. Take a look and you'll see exactly where they should go. I used two hockey pucks and just sandwiched them in with some high quality carpet tape and tightened down the other body mounts. It's probably unnecessary, and some might call it a little bit of a hillbilly move to use hockey pucks, but when I grew up in the Midwest everybody stacked hockey pucks for body lifts and I never saw one go bad, so I figured I'd add them for additional bed mounts. There really isn't an easy way to put a fastener in there, but they were clamped pretty hard in there and never went anywhere.

For what its worth on an OBS truck you have to shim the bumper forward an inch to clear 35" tall tires, but on a bricknose like yours I think you have plenty of clearance if you just move the bumper up 2" to match where the new body line lands.

Good luck.