Body lift for access to engine

77 F-250

Reaction score
I have a 2007 F550 that I'm putting a cab over utility box on, similar to a uhaul box. Has anyone installed a 1" or so body lift? Looking for easier access to work on engine without pulling cab. thanks

77 F-250

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Waiting on parts to finish bullet proofing, once the cab goes down don't want to pull it for a very long time. Did your factory AC hoses work? Any lessons learned would be greatly appreciated.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know about your 2007 model, but on past body lifts I’ve done, steering shaft and fan shroud both need addressing. 1” is not a lot, you might get away with a trim on the bottom of the fan shroud, or you could make se brackets and lower it. Just remember: a good fitting shroud can make the fan work a lot better.

On the steering, you can sometimes get away with the slip shaft having less engagement, but if it was me I’d run an adapter or maybe install a borgeson joint. Steering is important, spend the time to make it at least as good as it was.

Good luck, sounds like a neat service truck.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make certain that reducing the distance between cab roof and bottom of box won't be an issue. I know from hauling slide in camper the amount of clearance quickly goes away when the truck is in a twist. Also, be aware if you're installing cabover box and there is a future reason where the cab needs to be removed, the cabover box will also need to be removed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online