BioDiesel and Car Camping For College

DieselSuburbanOG

Reaction score
My name is Owen. I am working on doing a 12v cummins conversion on a 1991 Suburban 4x4. I am doing a dual tank set up, with the intent of running Diesel in one tank and Refined vegetable oil in the other. I am removing the rear seats and framing the insides with wood to fit a mini fridge, propane stove, tri-fold mattress with lower fold-open storage. This is going to be my college dorm room, my contracting rig, my hunting rig, and my CHILD. I intend to keep everything mechanical, because wiring is unreliable even when done correctly. I want about 250-300 horse power, and as much torque as possible.

Currently I'm on the market for a used 1994-1998 12v 6bt with a bosch P1700 fuel pump. My current dilemma is that I want to build it from the bare block and I don't want to mate this engine to my suburban's stock transmission. What are my options for transmission set ups that fit with my suburban's frame without custom fabbed tranny mounts and how to I source cheap parts for a 12v cummins block?