Big Ed's Cummins ready to install, pics

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
LOOOOOKEENGUDMANG!

Just out of courious interest Darrin, why not go with NV tranny and T/case?
I hear those are just about bombproof.........

You gonna use the FASS{or similiar} fuel system too?

If you are keeping the same radiator.......ya going to try the electric fans ....I know a guy who knows a guy LOL

You know you gonna make Goatdiddler jealous :rotflmao ;Poke ;p

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Looks great Darrin!

So why haven't you let the rest of the world know???? You remember us, the IDI guys

Yea I was gonna post it in the IDI section but figured it should be in the Cummins section, I knew it would get found!

Any how Darrin looks good and with it lookin more orange and blak then black and red it'll go better in a black truck so I'll be up this weekend to pick it up

Hey if your gonna come up, make it next weekend Feb 9th, then you can help pull the motor out of Big Ed,...Good luck leaving with the Cummins,..:D
Let me know when you are ready and I will help you find one,...

LOOOOOKEENGUDMANG!

Just out of courious interest Darrin, why not go with NV tranny and T/case?
I hear those are just about bombproof.........

You gonna use the FASS{or similiar} fuel system too?

If you are keeping the same radiator.......ya going to try the electric fans ....I know a guy who knows a guy

You know you gonna make Goatdiddler jealous

Thanks Geo,...

I really like my C6/Gearvendors setup. The trans is built good and tight with firm shifts, the GV gives me flexability and it is basicly a bullet proof setup as well. I do plan on installing a floor shifter so I can shift manually, and a tow RV torque converter with a lower stall for better takeoffs.

I don't know enough about a FASS system, what do it do,..? I will have to do some research.

The stock rad should work, and yes I would like to try electric fans, you know a guy,..? ;Really

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I got the heat shield built and installed for the turbo,..looks better than the Tin Foil that was on there,.

Attachments

• SV500006.JPG
    SV500006.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 41
  • SV500007.JPG
    SV500007.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 32

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
I got the heat shield built and installed for the turbo,..looks better than the Tin Foil that was on there,.

it does darrin, but, why is the tread on the inside? like the paint. i'm trying to make it up there for the party, i've got a present for ron;Really
chris

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the motor cleaned, painted and polished, ready to install in Big Ed.

While the motor was on the stand I did the following,..

1, Killed the Dowl Pin
2, 3200 Govenor Spring
3, Smokey power pin
4, an obvous good cleaning!

It already has bigger injectors, and turbo housing on the intake, just not the exhaust side. I still want to make a heat shield for the turbo out of Diamond Plate aluminum, it is ready to cut but I don't have my saw here at the shop, hope to get that done tomorrow.

Amyway here are the pics,..

What did you say that color was?

That looks a lot like second place red to me.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
it does darrin, but, why is the tread on the inside? like the paint. i'm trying to make it up there for the party, i've got a present for ron
chris

The Diamond plate that I used was from my old tailgate protector and was pretty beat up. so I decided to use the smooth side out so it matched the rest of the polished aluminum. Plus with the diamond plate on the inside it will dissapate the heat more effectavly,...Ok I made that up but it sounds good.

What did you say that color was?

That looks a lot like second place red to me.

Never heard of that before,..Second Place,.? Not ringing a bell. :dunno :D

So are you gonna show up or what? :backoff
i know you like the smileys LOL

so Sherm and I should show up on the 9th??? that's good because that's a weekend that I have off...

Sounds good a Travis! ;Sweet Thanks

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so does meijer know your doing advertising for them? hahaha i happened to notice that where you covered the inlet to the turbo it says meijer like u purposely did it haha LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Man, I won't be able to see my greasy paw prints on that block.:dunno

How ya gonna see them oil leaks there goat smuggler?:D

Looks good! Can't wait.

So whatcha bringin me Chris? :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member