Best EGR delete kit and tuner?

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
A friend has a 6.0L Powerstroke and the EGR valve went bad. He's wondering what would be the best EGR delete kit. Also about tuners?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They all are pretty decent to be honest. Just get one with the replacement up-pipe. I went with a cheaper one (I forget the brand) and its perfectly fine.

Tunes, get a SCT handheld tuner, and get custom tunes. I'm running Matt at Gearheads SRL tune, its fantastic.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure what brand mine is either. I do know it has dropped the running temp of the engine. I do not have a "real" gauge on mine, but I can see a difference on the factory gauge, so it has made a difference.... and the new ICP sensor..... that had it really surging and missing. Its amazing just how bad an engine will run when one of the sensors is confusing it......

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have intentions of doing this for a couple of years now, last time I checked the sinister kit looked the best, however I wont be doing the HG they appear to be fine and I don't tunes for it. Hope to do this soon if I have the time, I remember someone in VA was doing this at a shop can't remember the name, anybody knows?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Here is more information. I went back to the site I was going to purchase from, they have 3 separate kit for the egr delete, I want to get this one "http://www.mkmcustoms.com/basic60powerstrokesolution.aspx" but they also offer this one "http://www.mkmcustoms.com/basicsolu...kitsct3015tuneroilcoolerandintakegaskets.aspx" . The difference is in the tuner I believe and I don't know why I would want it other than increase power or is it that I will need it to make th ECM believe everything is the same as it was? Don't quite get that part yet.

Btw is everyone buying the restore coolant flush or is there something else can be used? I called napa and the guy said "You can get green coolant or yellow coolant just look at it and use the same color"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx