best bang for the buck.......lil' help......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I saw and drove the truck today....not bad ;Really :D

Now-----are the programers available ie: Diablo/Edge etc....the way to go or are there guys like twildman and Jody at DP who do burns for the LB7 :confused:

I have him convinced into open exh and better air.{he really likes the way my exh sounds:D } so all he really needs besides guages is a tuner/program to wake that thing up right?

Is the Van Aken system worth the $....help me get this guy off my back LOL

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
My buddy (too bad you did not get to meet him while you where up) has the Banks 6 gun on his and its just awesome. Dont know if that helps ya any or not but it felt good when I drove it:thumbsup:
Ken

rubberfish

Reaction score
I have him convinced into open exh
Carefull, he may stop being your friend.
I'm dead serious. I've been in a couple
of Dmax's, and with an MBRP or the likes,
the drone is by far the worst of the 3.
I like some noise too, but the drone which
only seems to come from a Dmax is bad. :eek:
If he's going to tow with it he should ride in
one with an exhaust first just to make sure
he can live with it for many years to come.

Just my 2 cents worth, which converted from
Canadian funds, means my opinion ain't worth squat.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I had a Van Aaken smartbox E for nearly a year on mine and loved it. Don't let him go over about 90-110HP or the Allison will cry... There are: Superchips, Predator, Quadzilla, and PPE for downloaders; Edge and Van Aaken for harness boxes; and EFI live for custom tuning. I also hear that TS performance has something as well.

The most cost effective will be the downloaders. They can compensate for tire size changes and speedlimiter increase.

The easiest are the harness boxes. 2 connections under the hood on the valve cover and they are on or off. The Edge can be fitted with the "Attitude" monitor that provides gauges, transmission defuel settings, and on the fly adjustability. Edge is getting a reputation for not standing behind their product and they are high $$... The VA comes with 3 settings and a toggle switch to adjust on the fly.

I've never been around the banks product, but for the power output vs. $$ spent I'd say it's not that great...

The other option is EFI Live custom tuning software. It's nice because it serves many of the functions of a Tech II scanner. It can work on the ECM and TCM

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
geonc,

Diablo Predator, a set of gauges, AFE Stage II intake and an AFE or MBRP exhaust and he's set to go. Any questions just call us, we'll be glad to help.

Mark @ DPPI

HeartbeatHauler

Reaction score
OK..1 vote for Banks....is that it :confused: ;Really

C'mon guys ;p

Well, my Banks exhaust is very quiet in the cab and you really can't hear it outside unless you stand on it.....me likey a whole bunchy...;Sweet As for programmers, I bought the Banks TLC kit (Otto mind, guages, pyro) for mine a few years ago and so far no problems. I'm not a drag racer I just tow my 5ver and this is the perfect amount of power (70 hp & 140 ft. lbs) without worrying about the Allison crying "Uncle". That's my $.02 worth.
JP