Beauty Rings

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Since we haven't had any new contributions to this forum for awhile, I'll throw out some useless information for those that are interested.

Since we all know the shortcomings of GM's IFS in regard to aftermarket wheel fitment, I decided to keep the stock steelies on my 3500. My decision is based on the fact that I didn't want a huge lift or screw up the frontend geometry by cranking on the torsion bars. I may put new keys in in the future to level it, but I'll still keep the wheels. I actually have grown to like them.

Based on that decision, I wanted to spruce up my wheels. I've always liked the look of steelies with a nice center cap and beauty rings. There-in lies the problem. Fitting beauty rings to these new "styled" wheels with no lip. I found some. I'll probably order them tomorrow to try them out. In the future, I plan on painting the wheels black and keeping the stock chrome center caps and the afforementioned beauty rings. The only problem is they're ABS. Couldn't find any metal ones. Any comments.

http://www.autoamenity.com/KartList/TR-15PF.htm

There ya go. Some useless information provided strictly to add a new thread to this dying Duramax forum.:rotflmao

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Here's some pictures if anyone is interested.

Tom

Attachments

• Beauty Rings.JPG
    Beauty Rings.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Overall  with BR.JPG
    Overall with BR.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 22

RodZZilla

Reaction score
Here's some pictures if anyone is interested.

Tom

I like those. I have thought about powdercoating mine w/Eastwood's Almost Chrome. My brother did a set of steel modulars for his 84 K3500. They look almost like a brushed aluminum.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I like those. I have thought about powdercoating mine w/Eastwood's Almost Chrome. My brother did a set of steel modulars for his 84 K3500. They look almost like a brushed aluminum.

I'm still considering painting mine black, although the grey is growing on me. I too use Eastwood products...I really like them. If I do go black, I'll use their black wheel paint and Diamond clear.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Nothing to post abotu really - I haven't broke anything yet.....

Mike

Just throw some useless information so we can keep this forum alive.

By the way, I ordered some DuraFlaps. Should have them in the next week. I'll post pics when I get them. Next on the list is some badging changes. Not sure which way I'm gonna go yet. Still compiling ideas.

Tom

Diesel Warrior

Browning Snob
Reaction score
I'd also like to see some action in here. I wonder why I can't start a thread? 2 weeks ago I couldn't post...I didn't even get yelled at...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd also like to see some action in here. I wonder why I can't start a thread? 2 weeks ago I couldn't post...I didn't even get yelled at...
Check your PM's here, we'll get you set up one way or another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online