Bail me out boy's,,,,, Turbo no boost

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should i check , turbo is not boosting, it is spooling but i'am getting no boost. Have an exhaust leak in the pipe going to muffler Would that cause it not to boost?

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Anything after the turbo outlet will just make more noise. If anything, the lower restriction would possibly make MORE boost.

How do you know it's spooling?
Is your boost gauge actually working?

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the air cleaner off and started the truck. Looked inside of turbo and see the blades turning. Truck really does not seem to have the power it used to so i believe the boost gauge is working, when i step down on the accelerator with the truck in netural i get a little bit of negative pressure show on the boost gauge

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my turbo at one point. Turned out to be a clogged air filter which was a simple fix, but I would still have wes hook you up with a good rebuild/upgrade. Another thing you could check is your intake hat. Insure it has no cracks and even check the seal under it. My current turbo(ats093 stock idit setup) works great but I am going to have Wes hook me up in the near future for some added boost:peelout

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I had a turbo that didn't make boost. Turned out, it was toasted. Does the shaft spin freely by hand, in/out play or side to side play excessive?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a turbo that didn't make boost. Turned out, it was toasted. Does the shaft spin freely by hand, in/out play or side to side play excessive?
Yes, you did. if you still have that truck and want to modify that turbo you just let me know. You will get a special deal as customer number one.

Trex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok,got some boost back, how much boost should i be making and showing ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online