Axle questions

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car-part.com has helped me source some parts several times, just putting that out there if Craigslist is a bust for you. They list salvage yards that keep inventory, I hope it helps and best of luck!

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine did what yours did. I didn't have time for a swap or availability to get the bracket. I got a 4" lift kit from Ruff Country. If I had it to do over I would find a bracket. While I had it apart I did all of the bushings, etc. It works great, had a bit of a time getting aligned correctly (a buddy and I did it in about 2 1/2 leisurely hours on his bosses alignment rack). If you can find a D60, do it. If not, find a bracket and do the swap later.

As far as getting to the bolts, I had no problem from underneath. Also, remember about final drive ratio. My F250 had 3.55, most d60's are 4.10 if I am not mistaken.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those brackets are a common failure point. Hit eBay. Maybe try the ford dealer. They weren't that expensive. Hell thats a 100$ bracket from ford and some bolts.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
so I was driving home today from work and kept hearing a popping noise from the passenger side. I looked up at axle and the bracket for the passenger side broke the one stud broke off and one is bent. So my question what kind of price range am I in for a straight axle? What are all the parts I need for the swap? My plan was to keep the twin peice of s@@t beam but I want it gone.
I believe theres a complete write up on the swap somewhere