Auto Lockouts/Parts

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have complete auto lockouts, or serviceable internal pieces that they would part with, before I unload $300 on Warn Premiums? Being a left above knee amputee, the convenience of automatic lockouts is a bonus, despite their propensity for failure. I'd like to get my hands on several complete or disassembled lockouts. Thanks in advance.

cre1992

Reaction score
While I can’t help you much with the auto locking hubs. As I don’t have any.

I do happen to have 2 sets of locking hubs. One OE Red Ford, and a set of warns with the black plastic turns cap. I was debating on what to do with them. If some of the parts in the Ford OEs are the same as the auto locking let me know.

I would also recommend that should you choose to go manual locking hubs, that you look at the Yukon Locking Hubs. IMO they are much much better made than the Warn Premiums for the same price. They also have a lifetime warranty from Yukon. I bought mine off of Amazon. If you break them they’ll send you new parts to fix them. I just installed a set on my truck, and I don’t think I would ever go back to installing the Warns in anything else again. The Yukon’s are much more heavy duty, I think I would snap a u joint before these broke.

You must be registered for see images attach

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an '87 F350(D60) and a '90 F250 with a Dana 50, both with manual lockouts. I'd rather not scavenge from those. I've been told the OEM Ford/Warn 5 bolt auto and 6 bolt manual lockouts share some common internals. I'd be interested in purchasing and paying for shipping in the lockouts you have to see what I can accomplish. Those Yukons look tough, at least from the outside.

Last edited:

cre1992

Reaction score
I've got an '87 F350(D60) and a '90 F250 with a Dana 50, both with manual lockouts. I'd rather not scavenge from those. I've been told the OEM Ford/Warn 5 bolt auto and 6 bolt manual lockouts share some common internals. I'd be interested in purchasing and paying for shipping in the lockouts you have to see what I can accomplish. Those Yukons look tough, at least from the outside.

The set of black warns came out of the D50 hubs I put on my Dana 60, and the Red OEM Ford came out of the Dana DRW hubs I took off of my Dana 60. Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll give you call.

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to rip out my auto hubs and swap to manuals. They are defective, but not sure what is wrong with them. Happy to send them your way for cost of shipping when I get them out. Maybe you can collect enough broken sets to build a working set.

They are from a D44 TTB. Not sure how much parts interchangeability they have with D50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maddenji

Reaction score
I've got a working set and a set with one bad unit.
$50 + shipping for all. The locking nuts are different on the autos.

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '93 F350 has the 5 bolt automatic lockouts. I believe the only the 3 bolt automatic lockouts require the hub nut conversion. I sent DM's. Appreciate you guys for working with me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online