Attempted truck theft

Shamoke

Reaction score
An hours drive south of the infamous Ferguson MO.
Not sure where to put this but here goes. Last night someone spend an hour inside of my 1988 F350 7.3 IDI truck trying to steal it. He destroyed the lock key way and housing so my question is where can I find a replacement steering column housing where the lock cylinder mounts? I found new key cylinders on RockAuto but nothing about the column.

Attachments

• 20220306_161635.jpg
    20220306_161635.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220306_161643.jpg
    20220306_161643.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 14

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try bronco graveyard or lmctruck.com, Google them ( I'm on my phone). Sorry to hear

Old Swabbie

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this but here goes. Last night someone spend an hour inside of my 1988 F350 7.3 IDI truck trying to steal it. He destroyed the lock key way and housing so my question is where can I find a replacement steering column housing where the lock cylinder mounts? I found new key cylinders on RockAuto but nothing about the column.

Old Swabbie

Reaction score
I had to do that to my old ignition when in Mexico a few years back. I now have a toggle switch for my power and a starter button, also another toggle switch for my lift pump.

Shamoke

Reaction score
An hours drive south of the infamous Ferguson MO.
Thank you for the replies. I too have thought about adding a hidden kill switch to my trucks and am working on a design now. As far as the parts go I found a replacement key cylinder and keys at O'Reilly's today and was shocked that they had it in store. The price was less than $20, another shock. The replacement housing is proving to be more elusive though and I tried the bronco graveyard and lmctruck.com but neither has that part listed.
I have emails to two other sites but have heard nothing back yet. I will keep you posted and will keep checking back here in case anyone has any more ideas. Thanks again.

Grey Wolf

Reaction score
Have you tried : https://car-part.com/ GW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online