ATS turbo downpipe question

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
Hi, I just scored a motor, c-6 and ATS turbo kit but I'm missing the downpipe to put on my 88 f250. This is the non waste gated t04B and kit is H-730441. I cant seen to find a downpipe or any info to be able to build one. I got a piece of 3 inch pipe ,and it appears that its going to have to be swedged down a little .Does anyone have any dimentions of this downpipe. I need to get something coming out of outlet pipe so I can get it to the muffler shop. This one appears to have one bend in it, Any info would be great help. Thanks, Steve

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 088 model downpipe in my garage right now, it technically belongs to typ4 as I just bought one of his turbos to replace my ats. He maybe parting this kit out I'm not sure though but I can get the measurements later this evening probably it's pretty simple looking like 2 bends and it is 3 inch od pipe to fit into back of turbo and there is a small bracket that holds in in place to the y section of the up pipe

Steve Olkowski

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
I believe this is the downpipe I am looking for.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember, you'll probably need to clearance the firewall with a big hammer to get it to fit.
You also usually cut and bend the seam a bit to give enough room.

"factory turbo" kits had a smaller downpipe and then squished *that* to make it fit without cab modification... which of course hurts performance.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep That's it never got a chance worked late to take picture of it worked late tonight, I didn't have much clearance issues I put a 3 inch od to 3 Id pipe in the outlet of my 088 and it moved the downpipe down a touch while making it easier to instal as well I put a couple dings in the piece so when the down pipe went in it kinda just stayed there it was a long fight before that lol I did bend the seam of fire wall there some but not very much if I recall it was years ago. Overall a great turbo during my use of it. With a 90cc and stage1 injectors I managed to see almost 20psi out of it when it sealed correctly.