ATS 093 + Boost Gauge

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo newbie here, where would I connect a boost gauge to my 1990 7.3 w/ an ATS 093 turbo? I read in another thread about an 088 that you connect it to the pressure chamber or something. Is that correct? If so, I have the chart of part numbers and stuff for my turbo in a PDF and it says it's #3 on the diagram. Is that where I would connect the gauge somehow? Is it like a plug or something?

Thanks.

PDF:
http://www.atsdiesel.com/additionalinfo/2023056/7.3L Ford Wastegated Turbo System Layout v1.0.pdf

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on part #3 remove part #44 and screw the sensor in there. be sure to use thread sealant. not teflon tape.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
on part #3 remove part #44 and screw the sensor in there. be sure to use thread sealant. not teflon tape.

nailed it, right on the intake snail there is a little 1/8 pipe plug.

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know :). Now once I get my new a-pillar and boost gauge I can start toying with my turbo some more... :backoff

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I took a pic of my turbo. I'm not positive which wire is for monitoring the EGT, but I think I saw one *way* down the exhaust... like a foot or 2 past the downpipe, and then there's the one that is clearly attached just before the turbo.. but not sure what that port is for. Any ideas? I'll trace it closer next chance I get when I'm free.

Attachments

• IMG_20110731_154121.jpg
    IMG_20110731_154121.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 34

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you are not going to see it in that picture. the pyro probe is going to be located in the exhaist system itself. sounds like it might be mounted on your downpipe after the turbo, better than nothing but a more accurate reading is putting it right in the exhaust manifold itself. after turbo you have to add a couple hundred degrees to compensate for the heat loss through the system.

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks. Might sound like an odd question, but.. any idea where the stock pyro wire is mounted on a '97 powerstroke? Is it far down like mine is or right after the turbo?

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And u might want to check your air cleaner

My filter? It's the K&N one that comes with the turbo, it basically reached that level probably a month after I cleaned it. I think I actually need to replace it since the rubber around the filter is so old it's starting to crack :S

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Any parts store carry the filter for the factory setup. Just tell them it is a 93 7.3 turbid f350

ninjai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, K&N are crappy? So... the other one is 'better'? More air flow?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also tighten the oil elbow a little to move the oil line farther from the hot housing.

The PO may have put the pyro probe in the turbo inlet flange, Mine had a tapped hole there.