Atf in oil flush

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Results! Atf in motor oil over the past week seems to have helped to tick slightly, however I did change my oil this weekend and I used a fl1995 filter on it this time instead of regular filter. should I use any detergents on it now or wait till the end of my oil change time again? Atf or marvel stuff if it do again? Atf seems to have done something and I only drove like 100 miles This week but drive everyday so it had time to be warm and sit around the engine

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I wait till the last 500 miles of my next oil change to add any mmo to it? It's topped off now but will leak or burn a quart eventually in like a month or so, and the powerstroke filter isn't likley to have been a factor in my tick lessening would it?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d put it in now and change it in 1000 miles. You gotta be aggressive with the oil changes till you get it cleared out

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d put it in now and change it in 1000 miles. You gotta be aggressive with the oil changes till you get it cleared out

+1 on this, I would run it 1000 miles and change your filter at 500 miles to make sure you are capturing all the funk you are loosening up.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you've heard this before, but IMNSHO AutoRX will do a better job at cleaning your internals than anything else. I don't work for them, I don't promote too many additives, but I was totally amazed at the before and after on my 1992 truck after one treatment. It's expensive, but do a search and I think you'll be impressed by the overall feedback.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are wanting something that works good order some Kreen from Kano Labs.

I've been strongly considering a Kreen flush in my truck. Just can't swing the cost yet. It's good stuff, but it ain't cheap!