Around about cost?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree because my tires did not always sit like this. Maybe a tad bit but not like it sits mysteriously out of camber at the moment.
Can you post a picture from the front so we can see what you're dealing with?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Rust is why, most the time these Texas trucks arent bad, but sometimes Ill get an out of state truck and one ball joint will take as long as the whole job on a rust free truck, without seeing your truck in person its hard to give an estimate because I dont know what kind of shape your truck is in.

My truck from Texas has pretty much no rust. Here's when I was doing the ball joints in April 2017. I used the ~$40 HFT electric impact gun and it worked great.

You must be registered for see images attach

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i took the truck to get aligned this morning and they put in new cam bushings and checked my ball joints and all is well they did say it was the new springs that caused the positive camber.
With all new steering gear and new front springs and new front and rear sway bar bushings and new shocks and the alignment the truck feels really good considering all of those replaced parts where very old.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent! What did that alignment cost?

225 and change.
They called and told me that it would cost more due to the labor involved with swaping out the alignment cam bushings.
From my understanding the ttb front axle is a real ***** to align if its way out wich mine was due to the new springs.
I was reading up on our trucks yesterday and one of the biggest complaints when our trucks were newer was the constant alignment needed for good tire wear on the ttb vs a solid axle or true ifs suspension.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did a mild lift on mine a friend (35 yr master mechanic) and I took our sweat time to get mine correct, we had to order the cams. It took several hours to get it correct after the cams came in because it is a pain. He told me most "cheap" alignments only do toe adjustments. That price seems decent from my experience with how long it took on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller

Staff online