Are these adaptors?

Trikebent

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Are these brass/plastic things between hoses just adapters from one hose size to another?

Mrfrafjord

Reaction score
They can be but they can also be just just a splice maybe had a leak or rub spot there in the past You’d have to pull the other side to see if it’s the same size

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Just looks like someone used a push-lok fitting to splice the two hoses.
Probably all they had on hand. For such emergencies, I carry a pair of normal brass hose barb unions in 3/8" from a closeout store that I got for cheap that originally came some auto parts store. It never hurts to have such spare parts, they don't take up much of any space. I could probably make them fit 5/16" hose for the return system in a pinch.

engineertppllc

Reaction score
Nothing to be alarmed about. Someone has repaired or extended the hose. The left side is indeed a standard push-lok nipple. Used with the appropriate hose they don't even need a clamp. Good for high pressure too.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The yellow plastic piece is just meant to stop the hose when you push it on as this type of barb requires no clamp. As Russ/Typ4 stated above, putting a clamp on that style barb is a no-no and will cut the inner tube.

Last edited:

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The yellow plastic piece is just meant to stop the hose when you push it on as this type of rb requires no clamp. As Russ/Typ4 stated above, putting a clamp on that style barb is a no-no and will cut the inner tube.
Out of curiousity do you know what pressure the push-lok style fittings are good for?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In fact if you clamp them that sharp edge cuts the hose liner and then eventually it leaks. As told to me by a reputable Parker representative which happens to be on this forum.

I was told the same by someone that builds race car and uses them for fuel/transmission lines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online