Anyone running WMO on a DT360 or DT466?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

Just bought a big bus for our toy hauler conversion. Our little bus (7.3 IDI) drinks WMO no problem... so was curious how the DT would handle it.

Anyone have experience with it?

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What pump does it have? Inline injection pump should be okay. I was talking with a friend and almost bought a 95 dump truck. We thought it would be similar to a 12valve Cummins. Keep us posted if you run it!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's got a Bosch A pump (similar to the p.. just lower output).

They run great on veggie... But I've never had luck with direct injection and wmo. Then I see countless stories of people who run the 12v on oil without a problem.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never run anything on wvo just wmo. Is it much different? I didn't think it would be much difference. I have had pretty good luck so far. 35k on my 12valve and about 30k on m35a2. I centrifuge down to 1mic and pass through a 1 mic sock filter then cut before or after to 20:80 rug:wmo. There are some verity with cutting agents. I have read horror stories and successes. How are you processing your wmo? I think it's dirtier then wvo. What kinda of luck have you had? What mix ratios do you use? Fuel heater? I have always assumed I would have to change injectors/pump early.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem I had with my Cummins is injector coking. That was with centrifuged oil at a W85 mix (15% gasoline / 85% oil). No fuel heater at the time.

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on wmo? Did you clean periodically? Or have to replace? I am about to mine. They have around 200k on them total.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than a tank and I'd have to pull them and wire wheel the tips to get it to run right again.

Never had a hiccup on the IDI... Just direct injected engines.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put over 1k gallons through the IDI without issue.

I've heard of people doing the same with the Cummins... I just didn't have any luck with it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Its likely the difference in the idi injector tips sitting further away from the direct flame.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is cool your idi likes it. Some engines/cars don't seem to like wmo much. Good info. I need to do a fuel heater on my Dodge. And a two tank system. I just cut more during winter months and block heater on really cold night. It's pretty mild where I live.
That is interesting to think about. I would have thought that idi has the flame right next to the injector too. Still being a compression ignition engines still. When do they inject? I have heard of injectors and glowplugs being hard to remove cause of coking. Especially the old 6.2L in cucv. They are bad for glow plugs errosion with wmo. I know that idi's do have higher compression ratios though. Which definitely helps burn a verity of fuels more completely.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's another odd tidbit, the 6.2/6.5 seem to coke more than the 6.9/7.3.
But that's just what I've gathered visiting the various forums over the years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mt_Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you try some in the dt motor? there was a dt466 1995 motor I almost grabbed up but passed for now.
Cheersv

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will be next weekend. Picking up a full size bus that is 7 hours from me. We're gonna take some extra W90 with us and run 30-40% on it. We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VWAudiFord

Members online

No members online now.