Anyone Drove the LLY?

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is much of a difference... seat of the pants from the LB7..... Im courious because of dodges 325/600 anouncment.....:thanks: :yell: :shoot: :eek:

mtomac

Reaction score
It feels like more than a 10hp/70ft# increase compared to the 02 RC LB Chevy w/LB7 motor in the Tomac Pulling stable. The torque coming in sooner and the VVT probably account for this. The automatic high idle is nice, it kicked in when I was fueling it up on the test drive. It had 5 miles and a low fuel light on when I left the dealer lot with the keys, some fuel $$ and a plate. It had 25 miles on it when I returned. Don't worry, I drove it respectably since I can flog my own truck whenever I want. The VVT whistles almost as loud as my truck with a not so stock airbox and filter. The feeling of the turbo "kicking in" when you hit 2nd gear is gone with the LLY. I checked under the hood and it matches the pics that have been floating around and the cutaway LLY motor I saw at the auto show in Detroit on Saturday.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I hae been meaning to get down to the lot and test drive one...... I just dont want to give up my truck so soon..... As long as juice has a box for the LLY... lol

Max Payne

Reaction score
I posted this over at the place:I just got done driving it It runs pretty good, the throttle response is better, the turbo sounds like it has an AFE stage 2 stock! I ran it with my gtech, here it goes, 6700 lbs, 40 Degrees, 2 wheel launch, 17.55@83 mph, 0-60 9.38, 235 HP. Any questions you guys just ask I will try to help as much as I can. See ya, Ben.

Max Payne

Reaction score
I knew you would ask that, I am waiting for an identical truck (LB7) to test. They are everywhere except when I need one for scientific purposes. I will edit when I get a comparison, though I expect it to be purty close.