1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use water/meth with WMO ?

Discussion in 'BioDiesel & Alternative Fuels' started by m67tang, Oct 5, 2019.

1. m67tang

m67tang Full Access Member

I’m looking at adding water / 42DD1CE4-AE23-445C-9983-3445434B51FE.jpeg meth to my 7.3 OBS PSD. To keep it clean and cool EGTs while towing on WMO.
    Anybody here running water/methanol along with WMO? I’m not wanting to re-invent the wheel. Just like to know the outcome before I invest.

2. Mt_Man

Mt_Man Registered User

I am thinking of adding it to my 97 Dodge 12 valve too. But not really a performance but just use at a maintenance cleaning. I am sure someone has done it on here.

I don't know if you watch Gale Banks youtube but this is really interesting stuff! Effects on cylinder pressures and temps. He has some other great videos.

It's all about water meth and diesel. I am about to check my injectors, compression check, and bore scope my engine when I get back from working on the road in a few weeks. Depending on the amount of coking I might jump on getting a kit.

3. m67tang

Totally my thinking. As a maintenance / cleaning tool. Cooling egt too. So just run water.

pastorjeep likes this.
  4. Nase88

Nase88 Registered User

I’ve heard good things on these kits, and they all do work, worth the effort

5. pastorjeep

pastorjeep Full Access Member

I ran a home built water injection system on a n/a 6.9 that was running straight wmo mostly and a 15% rug blend part time. I used a HF 12v pump and a garden sprayer nozzle. I put about 25k on that setup.

Mt_Man likes this.
  6. m67tang

:Thumbs Up

pastorjeep likes this.
  7. AcIdBuRn02ZTS

AcIdBuRn02ZTS Full Access Member

We run w/m on 3 different trucks ( 1 cummins and 2 IDIs) all seeing waste oil.

It helps keep things clean.. and there's a substantial power gain when running winter blend washer fluid.

Works great all around.

The cheapest kits I've seen have been DevilsOwn and AEM

8. m67tang

Do you use a 1-2-3 stage kit??? I’m mostly wanting the cleaning action, but extra power wouldn’t hurt.

9. AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Just a single stage kit (just looked it up.. its their universal "stage 1" kit from DevilsOwn)... no controller or bs... activated by boost pressure switch. I think I'm running ~10gal/hour nozzles in everything.

10. m67tang

Thanks for the help!
    Also, how large tank is enough for a single stage setup? Is the 1 gallon sufficient for a tank of fuel??

11. AcIdBuRn02ZTS

That depends on how you setup the boost switch and how you drive it. If you have it setup to come on anytime you are in boost... then no. At 10gal/hour... a gallon tank would be empty in 6 minutes of run time. Now if you set it up to come on at higher boost levels, then it'll be Ok.