Any way to separate or neutralize gas in diesel?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I know it is not good to run gas in any quantity mixed with diesel, but is there a way to modify the gas by adding some ingredient? I have a can of about 7.5 gallons of fuel, about 2 gallons is gas. Is it all ruined, or can I do something to it to use it safely? I suppose I could add it 1 cup at a time as I make fill ups, but that would take a long time and I want to use it or chuck it.

I also have a lot of clean turbine oil to use as an additive, if that will help.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dilution is the solution to pollution. Just use it a couple of gallons at a time in a full tank of diesel. 2 gallons of gas in 7 gallons total is almost 30% gasoline. If you dump two gallons of your 30% solution into 15 gallons of 100% diesel, you end up with a 3% mix of gas. I wouldn't worry about that.

PackRat239

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read your owners manual if you have it. There is a section that deals with that. Says if under a certain percentage, just run it. I dump small amounts of bad gas into my tank from timt ot time, and the wvo crowd uses rug to blend their fuel.