Any stand alone controllers for the 6.0

Council Bay

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I had a shop start on a project for me several years ago. Installing a 1953 cab-over body on a 2006 F550 6.0 4x4 chassis. Long story short, sent them to much money as they said they needed it, nothing got done on truck. My fault for not keeping tabs on it more closely, but i trusted the guy; he was a good talker.
Anyway I got the project back in boxes and pieces- a big mess. I would like to finish the project. Does anybody know of a stand alone controller that would work for this 6.0 engine. It would give me a big boost to finish this project. Thanks

Last edited:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove the controller from a donor truck and the wiring harness and make your own. You will need wiring manuals that show you every wire involved and a good shop manual.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the VT365 IH Trim 6.0 the same as the T444E IH Trim 7.3? I know the T444E has the PCM mounted to the valve cover as a "stand alone" controller, unlike the 7.3PSD in a Ford that does more than just control the engine......

@Dieselcrawler are the VT365 buses set up like this?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes a medium duty 365 will have its own ecm and is sort of “stand alone”. Only downside is now you will have a j1939 datalink instead of obd2. Also next to no aftermarket support for things like tuners and such

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my curiosity going here.

BTW love the idea of your project.

Okay so on to my observations/questions.

Seeing as the 6.0 (I do miss my 06' King Ranch) has the FICM, which in and of itself is a stand alone injector controller, what inputs is it actually getting from the vehicle and could they be accessed without the ECM being involved.

Example there's probably TPS, RPM, ECT, HPOP pressure etc.

Does the FICM control the HPOP pressure?

Just curious if there was a way to use the FICM as the standalone by providing it with the inputs it needs.

With that said I don't think it would be better than just running an ECU for simplicity sake.

I'd just install the factory ECM and FICM personally as they're a known system and so servicing would be easier down the road.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I had a shop start on a project for me several years ago. Installing a 1953 cab-over body on a 2006 F550 6.0 4x4 chassis. Long story short, sent them to much money as they said they needed it, nothing got done on truck. My fault for not keeping tabs on it more closely, but i trusted the guy; he was a good talker.
Anyway I got the project back in boxes and pieces- a big mess. I would like to finish the project. Does anybody know of a stand alone controller that would work for this 6.0 engine. It would give me a big boost to finish this project. Thanks

I'm sorry I can't offer any help. I just wanted to say that's an awesome project you have there! Subscribed...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88