Another Truck

DBogo

Reaction score
i took your advice on that other truck (the 2nd gen) i was looking at and told the guy thanks but no thanks. now i found a 90 ram 250 CTD it has 109k on it and is fairly cheap. i am fairly sure a 90 is a non-intercooled truck right? intercooled started 91.5 correct? i have left a message on the persons answering machine waiting for him to get back to me. before i talk to this guy what should i look for on the 1st gen trucks and what shoudl i ask about? also what is the deal with performance upgrades with these trucks they seem to be hard to come by and when i find some they are damn expenstive. even an exhaust system is expensive and dont even come with hangers! well just wanted to know some info on these trucks. thanks guys!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO you know if it is a stick or auto. Since the engine has no computer and is totaly mechancal, the mods will probably be more, but you see a lot of them smokin around...

Seems like low miles for that old of truck... Sorry I cant help a with more, or anything on the dodge... Someone else will jump in...

DBogo

Reaction score
i do not know yet if its a stick or auto it says the miles are documented

DBogo

Reaction score
ok just got some more info on it its an 3spd auto with 4.11 rear, reg cab only rust is on the quarterpanel no rust above the windshield its got a rip in the drivers seat and the ac works but is not ice cold no power nothin

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is defianatly no cat... Sorry I cant help ya on this more... someone has to know....

Helipilot500E

Reaction score
you are correct 1990 has no cat. Talk to Piers Diesel Research for performance upgrades on the first gens.

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
DBogo said:
3spd auto with 4.11 rear

Holy overdrive, batman! Hope you are getting reeeeeeaaally big tires, or only using it of a town truck.

According to my rpm calculator, it would be turing a little over 2600@60mph, with 235/85R16 tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online