Another New Guy to the 6.0 world!!!

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Knuckle Heads!!:D

Bought a '03 f250 cc 4wd last night, I also bought the ScanGaugeII. Bought the gauge before I bought the truck. Here is what I know thus far.

133K miles, Bought the truck from a guy that sells 5-10 cars at a time as a part time gig. When he got the truck he took it down to the Diesel shop just down the road from him. They "went through" everything, they replaced one injector, changed oil/filter air filter, fuel filter.

So I'am going to hook it a and figure out how to set the SCanGauge this weekend and figure out how to read some things. I know I need to find out the Deltas, Injector Control Pressure, FICM Voltage

I have read that I need to do a Coolant Filter and flush, and then go back with Restore and Restore+. What about a Sinsister Coolant Kit? There is always the EGR Delete, and Oil Cooler, but looking to start with small "easy" stuff if the Deltas will allow.

What other things do I need do? I will post my number results when I get them.

Thanks
:hail

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well bad news! ECT 198* EOT 225* So looks like Im parking the new rig till I do a Oil Cooler, FLUSH, and Delete!!

Have read several places the phrase "Cold Soak" can y'all tell what the hell that means. Google gives me Airplane wing fuel temps, and Wine grapes!!

Any response to this thread would be greatly appreciated, even if it is a F O! :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news. First things first, do a flush and then oil cooler! This is very important, as if you do a flush afterwards all the crap that it kicks up will clog your brand new oil cooler. I know your delta's are high, so delete the EGR cooler ASAP, do a flush and drive around for at least 500 miles. I would strongly suggest a coolant filter as well. After that driving, then do an oil cooler.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks FordGuy100!!!

SO did I understand that, I -Flush, -EGR Delete, -Drive, Flush, -Oil Cooler and Coolant Filter! Two separate tear downs??

Here is what I'm leaning towards, as far as products, let me know your opinion. Sinister Basic Solution and Coolant Filter. Did find that MKM offers a build your own 6.0 Solution Kit. I don't wanna get into the gaskets and studs just yet if I don't have to, but the price point is the same, and I can get more "things". JUst not sure what other small things I need i.e. Turbo Oil SUpply Tube? Drain Tube?

I know there is a lot of talk about OEM Oil Cooler New EGR cooler Bulletproof etc. Being that I'm in Texas I do not have to concern myself with emissions testing. And am I correct in the '03 I don't not have to worry about throwing a code/ Check Engine Light?

There is a ton of info out here and after several hours last night it all started to run together. So some clear as mud explanation is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Correct, if you delete the EGR you will not set a check engine line (CEL). I suppose the way I described it would be two tear downs, but your kind of between a rock and a hard place with those delta's.

That coolant filter is perfectly fine, and honestly you should do it as soon as possible (helps catch the crap, especially from a flush. I would probably do the coolant filter and EGR delete. Then flush with restore and restore plus, and then a few distilled water flushes. Then after driving around for a while, switch out your clogged up oil cooler.

As far as what else is needed, I would have to look into that.

Pull-n-TugTx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well alright. Looks like I'm a bout to become a pro at pulling the top off. lol

Im sure I can find some write ups on the flush process, either here or online.

Thanks again for the advice!!