Another lift pump lets me down.

Olds64

Reaction score
Let us know how the install goes.

FWIW, I had a cheapie mechanical fuel pump fail on me. A week or so after I installed it I checked the oil and found it was pumping diesel into the crank case. Luckily I only drive it locally to the car shows.

I quickly replaced it with another mechanical lift pump, but I've always intended to do an electric pump install.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've always preferred a mechanical lift pump, but if this is the way they all are these days, I guess I'd better be saving for an electric upgrade.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yup it's a joke. Many brands of electric have gone the same route. Most notably the Carter 4070. I have quite a bit of posting on the subject. As time goes on, I feel it's important to continue to share failure results of different brands/styles of pumps...as it can save others from being stuck on the side of the road

Olds64

Reaction score
That's a bummer you've had trouble with Carter fuel pumps. It's a brand I recognize. Some other folks mentioned the Holley Red/Blue pumps earlier. They're a big name in aftermarket fuel pumps for hot rods.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's a bummer you've had trouble with Carter fuel pumps. It's a brand I recognize. Some other folks mentioned the Holley Red/Blue pumps earlier. They're a big name in aftermarket fuel pumps for hot rods.
It is sad about Carter. I have a couple of those 4070 pumps. Fortunately, I just use them as transfer pumps. I was thinking about using one of those on a lower power level truck, but now it looks like Holleys for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRich