another chevy stuffed with a goat.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookie.....

1989 Chevy Dually Cummins 12v - $2500 (brentwood / oakley)

Date: 2010-10-01, 5:23PM PDT
Reply to: see below

FOR SALE OR TRADE 1989 Chevy Dually 3+3
Crew Cab Long Bed
2 Wheel Drive
New Motor
5.9 12 Valve Cummins Turbo Diesel Swap (Done Right)
28,*** Miles On Motor
Smog Exempt
480le Transmission With Shift Kit
Towing Package
Trailer Breaks
Trailer Lights
5Th Wheel Package
Helper Bags Front & Back With Compresser
Dual 20 Gallon Gas Tanks
2 New Front Tires
Newer Breaks
Recent Oil Change
New Battery's
New Power Steering Pump
Newer Injector Pump
3Inch Straight Pipe
Custom Tilt Up Front End (Like A Big Rig)
All Emblems Shaved
Chrome Rim Covers
New Interior (Red)
New Seats
Full Power Interior
Ac & Heater
Custom Gauges
CB Radio
Grant Steering Wheel
Nice Speakers (Jensen)
And Plenty More!!!

The Bad:
Doesn't Run At The Time (Fuel Leak And Idle Screw Needs Adjustment)
Tags Expired 1 Day Ago Sept 2010
Needs Rear Tires Soon
Could Use A Paint Job Or Buffed

This Truck Was Running When Parked Due To The Fuel Leak That Had Happen And The Idle Screw Was Re Adjusted At The Time And Since Then Hasn't Started But It Should Be A EASY FIX....I Don't Know Much About Cummins Nor Do I Care For Diesels To Much Anymore So Its Time To Get It Out Of Here So Come And Get It!!Its A Great Truck And Has Never Given Me Any Issues Until The Fuel Leak But Other Than That Its A Very Solid Truck And Trust Worthy (Was My Daily Driver Around Town And The Ranch) It Ran Like A Champ And Can Once Again With Some Knowledge On What Your Doing Unlike Me...So Don't Let This Pass You Up Its A ONE OF A KIND!!!Asking 2,500 OBO Or Trades Shoot Me Your Offer Don't Be Shy NO PILES OF JUNK!If Interested And Would Like To Come Take A Look Or Shoot A Offer Feel Free To Call Me Or Text Me Anytime At 925-238-1930 Ask For Steve.

TRUCK WILL NEED TO BE TOWED HOME

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 1984314117

Attachments

• 89chev3500cc.jpg
    89chev3500cc.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 16

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its crazy how many unique and cheap trucks are in Commifornia. Its total bull crap lol.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
wanna really scream?
seller took $2k for the truck.:eek:
only bad thing against it was the title is a salvage title.

round here when there older than a 2000 people dont care about "branded" titles. seen a dealer give $4800 for a 97 chevy silverado ext cab 4x4 pretty nice truck for the year had 200k miles with a rebuilt title. i couldnt believe it!

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'Bout 2 years ago there was a similar truck here in West Sac for sale. I think it was down to $2500 when I finally saw it disappear. It was real clean and a runner to boot. I tried to get my dad to pull the trigger on it, but he snoozed.
Travis..

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
my next truck is coming from kali.... you boys call great looking trucks rusted out beaters....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow......that one was a first...
not a first time I had to have a civil standby to pick up a vehicle.
first time a vehicle was purchased from a snot-nosed punk who didn't know/care what he was selling.
first time the previous owner before the kid, who attempted to block the sale with physical means but not with a gun.....damn-cuss-cuss-cuss
he did vandalize it a little though.
it's tucked securely away in the shop at 3:30am;Sweet
pics to be posted later. this is one very interesting ride:D;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'd give one of the boys for one of those with a cummins in it. I have always loved that bodystyle (even tho it's a chebby). I had an 86 scottsdale SRW 4x4 that was by far 1 bad ass truck. Dropped a 502 crate engine in it & called it a "service truck" :rotflmao.
Only way it could be better was if it was 4x4. sweet find bro!!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give one of the boys for one of those with a cummins in it. I have always loved that bodystyle (even tho it's a chebby). I had an 86 scottsdale SRW 4x4 that was by far 1 bad ass truck. Dropped a 502 crate engine in it & called it a "service truck" :rotflmao.
Only way it could be better was if it was 4x4. sweet find bro!!
scott-
if it wasn't for buying my first F-superduty(F450) back in '93, I'd still be stuck in chebbyland. I wasn't impressed with my uncle's HD3500's with their lack of reliability, so I went Furd. Well...the rest is history at this point;Sweet
Don't get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for my 73-91 GM trucks:D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for my 73-91 GM trucks:D

You & me both. I don't remember what month it was in DieselPower, but they did a feature on a silver square body chevy/cummins conversion. Guy couldn't bear to part with it so he swapped a cummins in it & redid the inside too. Daily driver, workhorse, sledpuller, RV hauler etc......really cool truck. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'm not much on pimping trucks but for some reason, I can see that thing sitting on 22.5's with some skinny sidewall tires.

I love that truck. more pics please.......when ya get time.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You & me both. I don't remember what month it was in DieselPower, but they did a feature on a silver square body chevy/cummins conversion. Guy couldn't bear to part with it so he swapped a cummins in it & redid the inside too. Daily driver, workhorse, sledpuller, RV hauler etc......really cool truck. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I'm not much on pimping trucks but for some reason, I can see that thing sitting on 22.5's with some skinny sidewall tires.

I love that truck. more pics please.......when ya get time.;Sweet
here's the initial pics.
there's definitely some work needed here but overall, not bad at all;Sweet

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 23

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice truck Cal,

It looks as though someone thought the truck was not for sale..... Is that why you had to bring "friends" with you?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck Cal,

It looks as though someone thought the truck was not for sale..... Is that why you had to bring "friends" with you?
yup.
there was a domestic dispute between the seller and his mother's BF. Guess the BF gave it to him to "do something with himself". He did. he roasted the tires off if it and when something in the motor broke, he gave up on it and sold it for salvage value. He posted the price and accepted the offer. Produced a signed title and had ID to match. It's a gamble. buying a truck that is not running, you have no idea what needs to be done to it, so an appropriate offer was made. ;Sweet