An A Pump, where to get one?

caterpillar

Reaction score
Hey I am looking for a PES6A pump from whatever I can get, I would like to find one from a DT466 so I can have the horsepower I want. Where can I get a pump like this, does anyone have one that I could possibly purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance Mike.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, there's Acme truck in Stockton, CA for a stock replacement. Then, there's Hypermax in Indiana(I think), or Scheids. Either of the latter can build one to the specs you want.

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought A pumps have RSV governors and are not desireable for on road or atleast performance on road use. Wouldn't you want a P pump?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Isnt it the RQV gov that is the on-road one? The MW pumps use that style gov, and it's what's most common on the older 466, older than 93. The 93-97 use the P-pump. The A-pump is better in sled pulling tho.

averagef250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with an A-pump marine 4BT in a suburban and it runs fine, makes great power, but the governor acts like a "cruise control" of sorts. The IP will add fuel in response to load regardless of throttle position being unchanged. It's not hard to drive, but it's very different from the gas engine throttles we're all used to.