Aluminum Wheel Spacers

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience (good or bad) using aluminum wheel spacers while hauling significant weight in truck bed? I have 2" aluminum wheel spacers on the rear of my truck and remove them each fall when I install slide-in truck camper (guessing approximately 2000lbs). I'd love to keep the spacers on there however I'm not certain of load capacity with spacers. Should I be concerned? Considered buy a set of steel spacers at $370.00 however hate to blow that much if it's unnecessary. Opinions welcome!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! I can't even get a bite, hell my bobber ain't even movin!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll bite.
i don't like them.
are the ones you have are for dually conversion or are they to change your "stance"?
both are a bad idea, the second is worse. the spacers essentially move the weight distribution from between two bearings to a load bias on one bearing and less on the other.
and then there's the issue of hubcentric locating.......spacers don't even "go there"

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks towcat! Not dually, they're to compensate for the 4" width difference between front axle and rear.
Hate how the truck looks without them and figured I'd constantly worry about the aluminum spacers while hauling camper so I ordered a set of steel 2" spacers from Motorsport Technology (Reno NV).