AIR CONDITION BLUES

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
So my air conditioner IS blowing cold air, it is just coming out from behind the dash and not the vents... is there a cable or vacuum hose somewhere that is not engaging?
Its still hot in Ca..... help !

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or bad VP. How are your brakes, Hard & sinking pedal w/not good braking or plenty of stopping power with firm pedal??

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a similar issue. Mine is converted to right hand drive (Australia) When the fan is blowing "full noise" air flow is about half what it should be. Blend door was an issue but it's now locked in position. New fan motor installed too. The heater core has been disposed of (restricted the airflow & it's just not cold here in Australia, California type climate). So just a matter of pulling the glove box etc out once more.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought a summertime topic might brighten someones day, in the cold northern hemisphere :cool Well I did a thorough cleanup on the evaporator core yesterday, now have full air flow. The compressor is still up to it's old tricks, on for 4-5 seconds, off for 8 -10 seconds. The evap' pipe gets cold but no cold air inside. Suppose next check the gas :dunno

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be low/high pressure switch (faulty or actual problem)

need to hookup gauges and check for proper hi vs lo side pressures

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks. More than likely the next thing to look at before
I go silly & lash out & purchase a new compressor.

fraree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out my hi /low switch, was working, no difference with a jump wire. Thought I do a little gas top up. Surprise surprise Gomer, 5 seconds of charge & the compressor stayed on.
So a 200g charge & beautiful, running (17.4c) 65F with the thermostat @ 10 o'clock on the dial :Thumbs Up while it's (33c) 90F outside
You must be registered for see images attach

Scratch that one off the list. Leaking LH airbag hose next :backoff