Aftermarket tank selector valve

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since the tank valve was my problem I'd like to replace it and get both tanks back.

Anyone used this kit? https://m.summitracing.com/parts/smp-fv5k

I'm also interested if anyone has a good manual setup. Not sure how I want to do this yet.

Other ideas and suggestions welcome!

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there 6 ports on that one? Yours has return lines to tank.
They make one but I don't know the number, difference is quick connects or hose clamps. I've wondered if you could put your quick connect fittings on that switch.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there 6 ports on that one? Yours has return lines to tank.
They make one but I don't know the number, difference is quick connects or hose clamps. I've wondered if you could put your quick connect fittings on that switch.

Yeah there's 6 ports. It's hose barb, 4 of the 6 quick connects have been cut anyway so I'm not worried about that.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
This is the one I used.

ACDelco U7000 Professional Fuel Tank Selector Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013FY5KW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_p6MWzb7RM386M

Looks about the same. Mine did not come with the pigtail which btw is a standard weatherpack 6 pole plug.
I believe that is the same valve I used as well. Been working well for about 2 years now.

Like mentioned be aware, you will have to change the pigtail connector on the truck since it will not plug in to the factory harness otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the one I use.

www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pollak-42-159P-Fuel-Tank-Selector-Valve-6-Port/172493349861

AKA,pollak FSV2 (as sold at autozone)

('93 colors.Your truck wiring colors may be different)
Yellow/Blue Stripe = A
Yellow/White Stripe = B
Blue/White Stripe = C
Red = D
Black/White Stripe = E
None = F

1->F
2->E (Main Tank)
3->D (Aux Tank)
4->C (aux tank sender)
5->B (fuel gauge)
6->A (main tank sender)

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how every one linked here appears visually identical! I think I'll try the one I linked to because it comes with the plug and I found it on RockAuto cheapest.

@FORDF250HDXLT

Thank you very much for the wiring colors! I'll definitely verify them but its a great starting point!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how every one linked here appears visually identical! I think I'll try the one I linked to because it comes with the plug and I found it on RockAuto cheapest.

@FORDF250HDXLT

Thank you very much for the wiring colors! I'll definitely verify them but its a great starting point!

Yeah,they're probably all identical and roll down the same assembly line in China.Then get whatever brand name,their buyers want stamped on them.:D

Your welcome,brother.Happy truckin'.

yotekiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chillman88 the selector valve from Rockauto comes with the plug, is there any modifications that need to be done as far as wiring? I found out today my vale is stuck open apparently, I am pulling it tomorrow, the PO and me thought only the front tank was being used, apparently it was pushing the return fuel into the back tank, found out today with it on a decline with the fill spouts downhill, rear fill spout cap was pouring fuel, opened the cap and it went wide open lol.... I hope that its just something in there possibly a pc of the showerhead which I am most certain on the front tank is gone..

Thanks

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chillman88 the selector valve from Rockauto comes with the plug, is there any modifications that need to be done as far as wiring? I found out today my vale is stuck open apparently, I am pulling it tomorrow, the PO and me thought only the front tank was being used, apparently it was pushing the return fuel into the back tank, found out today with it on a decline with the fill spouts downhill, rear fill spout cap was pouring fuel, opened the cap and it went wide open lol.... I hope that its just something in there possibly a pc of the showerhead which I am most certain on the front tank is gone..

Thanks

I saw the RockAuto one, I think maybe the summit link was cheaper? I don't remember but there was a reason I posted the one I did. Maybe because RockAuto didn't post the link correctly lol!

If you get the one with the plug included you'll have to wire it up but I can't see why anything would need to be changed, it just needs the new plug wired on because it's a different plug, just wire according to the diagrams and you should be all set.

Sadly my procrastination is so efficient I still have not fixed mine yet lol!

I really should get on that but it'll be waiting until warmer weather! It got up to 12 degrees today, low tonight is 3. My truck is a bit large, I'm not sure it'll fit in my garage. I haven't measured yet though so I don't know haha.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If pn#'s and pics help any, here's the orig and what I used for replacement.
You must be registered for see images attach

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to eliminate the tank selector and draw from both tanks at once?
No. Only way would be to add a fitting on the bottom of both tanks and tie them together with a line so they become one tank.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Only way would be to add a fitting on the bottom of both tanks and tie them together with a line so they become one tank.

That's what I did several years ago. Working great and no more selector valve. Pulls fuel from front tank (slightly lower) returns to both thru a "T" connector. Simple, old school, and less things to think about in the future. I did a write up at the time and didn't get much positive feedback. Oh well, to each his own. Bottom of rear tank, side of front with valves on each if I need to drop a tank.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I did several years ago. Working great and no more selector valve. Pulls fuel from front tank (slightly lower) returns to both thru a "T" connector. Simple, old school, and less things to think about in the future. I did a write up at the time and didn't get much positive feedback. Oh well, to each his own. Bottom of rear tank, side of front with valves on each if I need to drop a tank.
how do you keep from drawing air when the level drops?