After welding gauge and cruise woes 89 7.3 auto

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not been a forum guy, except reading. Been familiar with these trucks for as long as they have been out. I now have an 89 F250 7.3 non turbo, 4x4, auto trans, 4.10's, under full resto. Been through most of the truck. Prior to welding, fuel gauges and CC worked consistent and fine. After several wire feed welding jobs on truck, batteries disconnected and out, the CC does not even come on and the fuel gauge works intermittently.
What has been done:
new senders each tank, new fuel selector switch, checked all fuses, new body to frame ground strap.
Fuel gauge same on both tanks, either is dead on for level (adjusted in tank) or pegged (showing past full which is a no ground situation).

question: I understand the ICVR can cause the fuel gauge situation, as senders are new and were working for the last 6 months just fine. Can anything in the IC cause a no read and no activate for the CC. No light comes on, no sounds no reaction from steering wheel. Both occured after welding, including after market older radio died.

Anyone run into this before? And lastly (at least on this post ;) any know where to get a new IC circuit board, thanks ahead! Appreciate much of the experiences I have seen here
Yes I have read a ton of related post, with nothing addressing that I can see

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online