1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on 1995

Discussion in '7.3L Powerstroke Diesels' started by Dieselpowerking, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dieselpowerking

Dieselpowerking Full Access Member

Looking at buying my first 7.3 powerstroke I've owned Cummins and idis before. It's a 1995 f250 4x4 auto with 170,000 on it extended cab. Talked the guy down to 2800 for it. It will need tires next year and a new ignition. Trans was replaced 50k ago with paper work and it had new HPOP installed. Its bone stock even the exhaust on it. Think it would be a bad deal? It says it books for around 6k.

DaveBen likes this.
  2. u2slow

u2slow Plan B

I really didn't care for the auto in my '97 E350 PSD vs the '95 F350 PSD 5spd. I know a lot of that is personal preference. Speed control (downhill) is a big asset with a manual.

All my current diesel are now 12v cummins. The ones I drive are manual.

3. greenskeeper

greenskeeper Full Access Member

The E4OD isn't all that bad if you service it regularly and make sure it stays cool (gauges). Whatever you do, do not get trans flushed! fluid and filter with a bottle of dr tranny's shudder fix has kept my E4OD in my 97 going for 205k miles

The trade-off between the forever transmission (manual) and an automatic is that the automatic doesn't loose boost during a shift compared to the manual.

4. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Depending on how you’re shifting ;)

Dieselpowerking, austin92 and Coopons like this.
  5. Coopons

Coopons Registered User

Sounds like a half decent deal. I payed $3000 for my original F250 4x4. The average going price around here is $6-8000. I got a family deal on mine.

Dieselpowerking likes this.
  6. austin92

austin92 Full Access Member

I wonder if the zf can handle a “no lift shift”? Lol

To the op, that’s a good deal, if it was a 5 speed I’d be on a road trip to fight you for it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk