Additional Fuel Filter

Whit

Reaction score
It was some new guy over here in the last month, he made some thread about the site where he came from and also mentioned that he couldnt sell any filters over there anyhow :confused: Guss I shoulda talked to him then

Cheers, Kevin

BRONCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Juice?
i see GM has now approved the racor pre oem for 'severe service' applications... see your dealer, they all got the info

GJ,

Please fill me in. I try to avoid the dealer at all cost. Could you just save me the hassle and tell me wha they mean when they say severe service applications?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Bronco, In my mind "severe service" means driving on dusty roads & alot of stop and go driving. Protecting the injectors from a dirty fuel tank or one with water in it should also be considered.

GMC-DMAX

Reaction score
Max Power

Just installed the Racor RK32313 fuel filter two days ago. I purchased unit a couple months ago. Finally had time to installed. I was using the old instructions that came with the unit. I had a little hard time with the fuel hose. I still don't like the way the hose is bent like a S turn. Finally called Racor about another question and they said if I had a extended cab or a long box , You have to mount the filter 4 more inches toward the engine. I told them it was already mounted and this is why I had a hard time with the hose's. Well any way it is in and working . I haven't seen any fuel mileage difference, but the Duramax sounds quieter or maybe its my imagination. Racor, Fax me the new instructions. This unit has a 200 watt heater and a water sensor. The old instruction on the wiring diagram you had to guess on a couple of them. I did have them right, after I saw the new instruction's. This unit is a very nice fuel filter; but I think most of them are. I know I will be changing the hoses in a week or two. I can't stand a job like this with a S turn. So it will be changed.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by BRONCO
GJ,

Please fill me in. I try to avoid the dealer at all cost. Could you just save me the hassle and tell me wha they mean when they say severe service applications?

Rather rhan GM fess up to an actual problem with their SUBSTANDARD OEM setup (blame the beancounters, not isuzu...ya want proof? look at all their other diesel engines)
So bascically if you buy fuel from more than one location, or drive your vehicle more than 40K miles a year then get it...... screw YOU GM!
First they tell us they will void warranty for adding one, then they approve it after customers get pissed for hacving to pay for injector replacements out of warrany....me, i am gonna see about a CAT 2 micron filter an put 2 of those bad boys in tandem....and maybe just maybe eliminate the factory setup altogether (when i am out of warranty of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All
If you want to run the cat filter you can get a Fleetwood filter head that is a lot cheaper than the cat. Part # 142784S this head has standard pipe threads whitch lets more fuel through if you are into the H/P thing. The cat fittings have smaller holes for fuel and dam more expensive.
Geno