A/C Suction/Discharge Hose 94 IDIT

Combs54

Reaction score
I'm replacing my A/C system in my IDIT and I cant seem to find the right suction/discharge hose. Everyone wants to sell me the p/n: 55315 but it's about a foot too short...powerstroke hose maybe? Anyway, I found a 55314 online and it looks right but I'm hesitant to order a $90 hose without verification. Anyone know for sure? Thanks

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Best recommendation when ordering parts for a 94 Diesel Truck.

If you have an IDI, use 93 as the year you look for.

If you have a PSD, use 95.

94 had 3 diesel options... and N/A IDI, an IDI Factory Turbo, and the PSD, that's why it's hard to find the correct part. It also seems that 95% of the time if you use 94 as the year, you will get a PSD part.

One other bit of trivia for the 94 model year. If you see a 94 Diesel for sale, and it has an automatic transmission, it is an IDI. Ford did not put and automatic behind the PSD until the 95 model year.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a shop that can make it. I would charge about $50 to make one. Im sure other shops in your area would charge about the same.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the old hose still? Take it to a local hydraulic supply house. They can make you one easy and cheap.

I just added AC to my 84 Toyota rock crawler, and the hoses were custom made in 24 hours and worked perfectly.