94 NA 7.3 E4OD question

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am very confused. I am in the middle of swapping engines between 2 trucks and the flexplate/torque converter has 6 nuts on the 1994. I thought all IDI had 4 bolt flexplates. Does anyone have any idea why I have 6?

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. It will not bolt up.

I will post pictures this evening now that I have the engine all the way out. I didn't realize how big of a job it was. This engine really did not want to come out. That and the lift tipped once, wheel broke and it nose dived into the truck and smashed the crossmember but engine appears fine so far.

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit late with the pictures but I have been pretty busy. Here they are

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's crazy looking. It appears that someone redrilled the flexplate for the six stud convertor. I just wonder if it was worth it when they drilled the holes right next to the big holes in the flex plate? The one is more of a groove instead of a complete hole.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
That's crazy looking. It appears that someone redrilled the flexplate for the six stud convertor. I just wonder if it was worth it when they drilled the holes right next to the big holes in the flex plate? The one is more of a groove instead of a complete hole.

No it was not worth it to redrill the holes. There is no advantage to using a six stud converter. They are the same as a four stud converter. The flex plate is junk now.

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using the 4 bolt flex plate from the bad engine to mate up with the 4 stud converter in that truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online