89 F350 cab and chassis fuel tank

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. The side mount fuel tank on my 89f350 cab and chassis is leaking under the support straps and is shot. I cannot find it anywhere. Has anyone run into this problem and found a supplier or a solution to this? The tank is skinnier than the “pick up” version and all I keep hearing is obsolete. Getting on my last nerve now. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!!!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a 89 chassis cab and it had a very large rear tank on it. It was a dump truck. I supposed that tank might be special also since the cab and chassis frame is a little more narrow. Have you looked for a rear mount tank?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I have an 87 F350 4x4 Cab and Chassis, both tanks are plastic. The front tank looks no different from a pickup tank.

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. I just found out today I was given incorrect information. The cab and chassis had a optional 22 gallon tank. For whatever reason, the guy thought they were 10 1/4” wide the entire way. Incorrect. They are all more narrow towards the rear of the cab but widen to I believe 12 1/2 in the center which is the measurement the dimensions go by when reading the specifications on the tanks

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the depth of misinformation available out there...

Some where I had a company that makes s.s. Linesets....
Someone on here from snow country posted about rolls of ?s.s.? Line to redo brakes, and I ?THNIK? it came in various sizes.
If I find it I will bring it back here.
Try napa, hydraulic control \flow dynamics outfits.

Last edited: