'88 E250 LED Headlight Upgrade Pics

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe I have the wrong frame of mind on this, but the way I see it, they don't mind blinding me so I sure as f... don't mind blinding them back!

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I have the wrong frame of mind on this, but the way I see it, they don't mind blinding me so I sure as f... don't mind blinding them back!

For most things I kinda think this way, but when it comes to some things its not worth it.

In this situation I don't want to be responsible for someone hitting me or a telephone pole. Not worth someones life.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about those style bulbs for a while it looks like they do well and if I recall they weren't to pricey? So they draw a lot of power that you notice? I see the cooling fins on the back of the bulb assembly and it made me wonder the power draw of them vs regular lights or like I have the xenon top shelf lights

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about those style bulbs for a while it looks like they do well and if I recall they weren't to pricey? So they draw a lot of power that you notice? I see the cooling fins on the back of the bulb assembly and it made me wonder the power draw of them vs regular lights or like I have the xenon top shelf lights

I don't remember exactly what they draw, but I did the math when I was looking at them and they draw less than the stock sealed beams.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I have a bricknose truck I'm not sure how much more or less the 9004 bulbs draw vs a sealed beam, I've been considering buying a set of heAdlights and trying to custom make a set to look sort of like the halos or modern cars with the led strips inside that come on with running lights since the aftermarket for bricknose trucks is basically non existant

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I have a bricknose truck I'm not sure how much more or less the 9004 bulbs draw vs a sealed beam, I've been considering buying a set of heAdlights and trying to custom make a set to look sort of like the halos or modern cars with the led strips inside that come on with running lights since the aftermarket for bricknose trucks is basically non existant

They make aftermarket projector headlights, but they're EXPENSIVE. Like $800 for a pair. I'd love a set, but I have better things to spend a whole mortgage payment on.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone actually makes projector headlights for the bricknose?
where would one find those?
id be curious to look at them(even though i can't afford them)

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do have some bulb options for them but you have to search to part number for the bulbs because none come up for the truck search of it, I have seen a set of led new housings and bulbs I would assume but it's price tag was literally as much as I paid for my truck lol

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a set of projectors on Amazon for an OBS for about 200 [emoji106] it's a no name brand but it has a ton of good reviews. Sorry bricknosers!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying anything negative to the op but these style of lights severely bother my eyes and it really upsets me driving at night and not being able to see past my windshield while waiting for the other person to pass. I think a lot of these lights aren't properly aimed and some of them are off road use only but people out here don't care if they cause a wreck as long as they can see 5 miles down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ it's because the light housing itself isn't made for that bulb.....it doesn't diffuse the light properly. That's why the ebay projectors that go into the factory housing(and the led's above) dont have a good pattern. They are bright, but they are everywhere, that's why I said I want to throw brick's at people who have them, they blind the **** out of you if you are driving at them.

Probably why there is really no difference in low to high beam, it just puts light everywhere lol

Also unless it's turning on more led's on the light, there is no difference in low/high beam according to the box. I don't know if they turn on a separate set like a normal light bulb, or just more of them?

Last edited:

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ it's because the light housing itself isn't made for that bulb.....it doesn't diffuse the light properly. That's why the ebay projectors that go into the factory housing(and the led's above) dont have a good pattern. They are bright, but they are everywhere, that's why I said I want to throw brick's at people who have them, they blind the **** out of you if you are driving at them.

Probably why there is really no difference in low to high beam, it just puts light everywhere lol

Also unless it's turning on more led's on the light, there is no difference in low/high beam according to the box. I don't know if they turn on a separate set like a normal light bulb, or just more of them?

+1! Good points and questions. Especially about the low/high...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone actually makes projector headlights for the bricknose?
where would one find those?
id be curious to look at them(even though i can't afford them)

I couldn't find them last night but I remember seeing a couple places make them. What they do is tear apart a stock housing and retrofit a projector assembly inside it. If I can find it I'll post a link up here.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I was referring to for OBS projectors is an entirely new housing. I too hate it when people ether dont have their lights adjusted correctly or the idiots just drive with their hi beams on... But i have seen the projectors with the whole new housing installed before and after they are adjusted properly, no issues with blinding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online