'88 E250 LED Headlight Upgrade Pics

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the night test drive go?
I was working on other things around the house this weekend and didn't get a chance to go out on the dark county roads around my house. I should be able to get some pics tonight.

This morning was raining/overcast and I left right at sunrise (7:30). I noticed that the road signed were noticeably brighter/more reflective at a further distance than before. My biggest concern is blinding oncoming traffic, but I didn't have anyone flashing their brights at me and when I pulled up behind cars at stoplights I noticed my lights were hitting their trunk and not shining into their rear window. When I got to work a guy who arrived coming the opposite way at the same time said "Man, you got some really bright headlights on that van!". I told him that I just upgraded and was concerned about adjusting them so I didn't blind incoming traffic. He said that they weren't shining in his eyes and didn't bother him when he was coming the opposite way, they just caught his eye because they stood out as being brighter than the norm. Hopefully this means they are adjusted correctly. I am still planning on going through this process to make sure.

http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Car-Headlights

Last edited:

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those. I was recently in an a accident with my truck [emoji24] so I already got new headlight housings but now I need bulbs. Ill probably order these!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Jayro88, if I looked at your lights correctly, then these housings are a direct replacement for the sealed beams. If they are and you didn't touch the adjustment screws, which you shouldn't have, then they are probably aligned the same as your sealed beams were. Just like putting new sealed beams in place of old ones.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jayro88, if I looked at your lights correctly, then these housings are a direct replacement for the sealed beams. If they are and you didn't touch the adjustment screws, which you shouldn't have, then they are probably aligned the same as your sealed beams were. Just like putting new sealed beams in place of old ones.

They are direct replacments, so they should be very close to correct. If they are off a little it probably wouldn't have mattered with the old ones, but with the added brightness it could be an issue. I just want to make sure. I went for a drive tonight and took some pics. I will get them posted shortly.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics from the dark country road. There is a huge differance. I did pass a car and they didn't flash their brights at me, but it does look like the lights are just slightly shifted toward the center line. I will make a slight adjustment to shift them a little to the right.

With the originals there was a big difference between the low and high beams. With these there isnt as noticable differance as far as the distance you see. It just illuminates wider and lights up the trees over the road. It is difficult to see in the pics.

Low beams and high beams
You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's about 3-4x brighter than the Sylvania silver starts I have in my Bricknose. I will probably be ordering these very soon.

I also desperately need to clean up the plastic lenses, they're all yellowed.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided to try these, the difference between bright and dim in my truck doesnt seem to be very good at all, and looking at them from sitting in another car down the road form my truck im kinda worried they may blind some people, but i can see considerably better than ever before so thats nice lol

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided to try these, the difference between bright and dim in my truck doesnt seem to be very good at all, and looking at them from sitting in another car down the road form my truck im kinda worried they may blind some people, but i can see considerably better than ever before so thats nice lol

I hax noticed the same thing about the difference between hi and low beams. As far as the distance the lit up it was pretty much the same. I did notice that the hi beams lit up the the trees that were on the side of the road and hanging over them.

I haven't had anyone flash their brights at me and have evwn passed a couple of cops. I adjusted mine some so to insure that the intense part of the beam is angled down and is not hitting the oncoming traffic lane.

Still pretty new though, so not a ton of driving on them.

SPR1NK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't even anyone flash their brights at me either which i was surprised by, i do know that the adjustment on my headlights is way out of whack cuz the headlights are kinda broken, so ill put the headlights i got out of another truck in it and try to adjust them and see if it's better

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do y'all think about the projector headlights?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

More trouble than they are worth as an upgrade, IMHO, of course. In our Jeep XJ, I've installed Hella clone H4 lenses and bulbs. I upped the Hi beam wattage to IIRC, 140w, technically illegal, but I'm pretty diligent about dimming before blinding the oncoming traffic. I think that I'll be trying a set of these LEDS in the F-250 before we head south for the winter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86