'85 XLT Lariat 2wd, 4spd manual for sale $3000, 1FTHX2511FKB58162, Carrizozo, NM

Blue two-tone 85

Reaction score
Hello, all. Been working off and on with a 1985 6.9L. Guess I don't care for the big trucks anymore (getting old) but I do like to work on them and get them running. This one has old tires, three have fair tread left, fourth has SOME tread left. Truck was not running when I got it. Replaced glow plugs, both solenoids, starter is another used solenoid but glow plug solenoid is new. There is new fuel line feeding the rear tank all the way to the fuel pump via the fuel/water separator. Has a new solid state glow plug relay, a float-less fuel level sensor (rear tank) and I put a sump on the bottom of the tank. When I took the rear tank out I decided to do a few upgrades. I have a new pollack electric valve but only the rear tank is feeding the engine and I took the Pollack off (guess I'll never take the saddle tank off). The truck has a cherry picker welded to the back passenger side-all the way back but needs the proper jack (it came like that). Didn't have a spare, does now, just a bald tire. Starts and runs fine, idles down when warm. I haven't taken it on any highways, just around town for 1/2 to 1 hour at a time. I think someone tried to steal the truck sometime in the past. The adjustable steering ratchets up and down if too much pressure (not much at all) is placed upward or downward. Still needs some work but I'ld like to sell for $3K or trade for small road-ready diesel truck. I just don't do the heavy work anymore. Have maintenance records back to original purchaser, but just decided I should sell it, I'm slowing down, believe I can find maintenance and registration records. Last registered in about 2015? She's running now. Push pedal to the floor, let up about halfway and then wait for glow plug relay to shut off. Starts right up. Got to get some one to help with pictures, don't know how to use my phone to put pictures on line. Didn't have a radio when I got it and still doesn't. Odometer reads 98,205. Do not know total mileage. Thank you. Steve at 575-648-1117.

Blue two-tone 85

Reaction score
Hi, Saburai, and thank you. It's nice to be welcome. Before getting my account here I came to the site often for words of experience. Love diesels of all types, prefer older ones without computers. First diesel was an Isuzu 2.2L. Wish I had that one again (32 MPG whether loaded or not). I find the 6.9L easy to work on and fairly simple to diagnose. Easy to see why people love them. Am using a hodge-podge of manuals to bring mine back to life. Running pretty good right now, a few small issues left. Keep on truck'in.