85 6.9 4x4 T19 Bad Engine

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's time I get this out of my driveway. Supposedly 145k on the engine / truck, #8 will only make 250 pounds of compression and it has a miss / clank noise. I have the valve covers off, and the rocker and push rods out of #8 while I was investigating the issue. Glow plugs are out also to do compression test. I have a ton of videos of it on my youtube from getting various help on here over the last 4 years.

The black part of the truck is just sprayed poorly with rattle cans and cleared. Everything on the truck worked fine, including the under dash AC system which I'm not taking the time to remove since I have nowhere for it to go.

If someone really wants to try and fix the engine I can leave the pump and injectors in it. It was a new moose pump (n/a one) and injectors from mel with 25k miles on them. New clutch / flywheel / tob 12k miles ago. New u-joints on driveshafts a year ago, on front axle 2 months ago. New fuel tank in the rear a year ago. It's an ugly truck but it honestly doesn't have much more than surface rust on the frame. Previous owners got it from the south somewhere and didn't use it.

I'd love to keep it but can't deal with a new engine / pulling an engine. I'd like to sell it to someone on here vs dealing with facebook/craigslist/etc.

I have no idea what a fair price is in the market with used vehicle prices right now. I'd like to get 2k I suppose.. if you want the pump and injectors 2700? I'm slightly flexible but I don't want to give it away for nothing with the price of things right now. I also have a spare radiator and a 2wd zf5 that needs the rear mounts re-welded but worked fine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Video of it running the morning it likely ate water in the intake and bent the rod in 8 (guessing, I just know the compression numbers for 8 are only 250 out of nowhere and the pushrods were straight and valves appear to be traveling and returning full distances).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Obviously will need towed, we can put things back together well enough to start it for a minute to put it on a trailer or put it in low range and just use the starter to put it on. Or I have an old case tractor and chains.

In kittanning pa, hour north of Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1500 without pump and injectors on the bad engine 2000 if you want them too? I'd rather sell it to someone on here than fight with fb and craigslist.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Ok, I am seriously interested. I will pm you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online