84 E-250 Barn Find

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I know so far: The van has not been registered since 01, all records indicate 76000 is original. The accelerator, brake, and e-brake pedal show no wear. Injectors and return lines are still factory gray. Almost no UV damage in interior because of tree sap. This is what I have done so far: 1) two group 65 batteries 2) 265-75x16 AT tires 3) oil and filter change 4) shampoo carpet 5) sanitize all interior panels 6) wiper blades 7) Fuel conditioner in both tanks.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice find. Was that the exhaust coming out on the drivers side at the back? I had always seen the exhaust on the passenger side.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I need: some advice on getting tree sap out of paint, and determining what the value of something like this is. I took a chance that it was worth rescuing and believe that was a right call.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice find. Was that the exhaust coming out on the drivers side at the back? I had always seen the exhaust on the passenger side.
Good catch, the PO had true duals run through glass packs exiting on each side rear.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The story his wife gave is that it was his bass fishing truck. That would explain the 87' Bass Masters magazines in the back! ;)

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the longer it sits on the paint the more likely it is that it has removed the clearcoat and stained the paint. My 97 sat in my driveway for six months and got some on the hood. The only way to remove it was a trip to the bodyshop, it peeled the clearcoat in a couple spots. It looks in the video like that's what has happened there, look's like it's peeling? As far as value, I would think $2,500-$3k, maybe a little more if someone really wanted it.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
First off, I'm no fan of vans. They're just a lot harder to work on. That being said, it looks good and sounds better! If that's what you want, I think you did good! I hope you enjoy it.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the sap I would try clay baring it really hard. Maybe acetone then clay bar

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might try the lighter fluid but don't do acetone. On an 84 there is probably no clearcoat. It's probably single stage enamel with hardener. Acetone will likely wipe the paint off. Lighter fluid will be gentler. Might get away with laquer thinner if you are very careful.

pastorjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, I'm no fan of vans. They're just a lot harder to work on. That being said, it looks good and sounds better! If that's what you want, I think you did good! I hope you enjoy it.
Well I have six kids and want to pull a camper. But the truth is I just didn't want it to go to the crusher. The guy I got it from scrapped 75 cars on his lot getting ready for Irma and put this on CL 5 days before just to see if he could sell it before the storm. I couldn't get down there until Sunday night and literally pulled it up I85 in 70 mph winds! :eek: His wife thought the trees were going to fall on us and one did fall across the road 1/4 mile from his lot.