80-86 long bed wanted

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Got rear-ended on the freeway last week, looks like changing beds would be easier and cheaper than pulling out the dents.

Silver is a desired color, but any bed that is straight and unmolested will do.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty clean bed and tailgate from a 1985 F250. I will post pictures in a minute.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
Looks nice, how much? I am looking for a plain one, no trim. If I cannot find one of those, this would work very well.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It had a bad gear vendors so I decided to part it out.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still complete so lots of good parts if you need anything else.

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
Sending units from the tanks, if they are good. Also curious about the GV unit. For auto or stick?

Gonna try to get transportation for it, otherwise will have to drive north and pick it up.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Ruch, just barely over the border . I believe the senders are good but I will pull them and verify. The GV is from a 2wd c6. It's probably best as a core/exchange. It had a lot of material in the pan. It does spin freely though and with no load on the truck it got up to speed just fine, so I'm thinking the hard parts are fine. I have everything for it. If your truck is an extended cab I even have the shortened driveshaft. I spoke with GV and they said a full rebuild is $900 OR they will take my kit and $1,500 and give me the latest HD unit. I was asking $500 for the kit, which if exchanged would save someone over $1,000 over buying one with no core . But I'd take less for an in-person cash deal.

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
I will keep that in mind. I have a GV unit for my 87 F350 4x4 (T19 4 speed), but since I have been doing a lot of long range driving in my daily, it would be a good idea (and probably save money in the long run) to step up for that truck, too. Maybe I can work out a volume discount.

I do not have an extended cab.

I have a friend in Roseburg. Although it has been a while since I made that trip, it should be fun.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a nice drive. And as of now we are smoke free! Perfect time to visit! lol. We can definitely work out a package deal for ya! Just let me know a few days prior so I can get parts pulled and ready for you.

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
I am pretty busy until after the beginning of October (hunting season cannot be moved, also have a convention in St. Louis), hope that is not too long to wait. If you need it out before, I can probably work something out. It would be a grind of driving nonstop for a few days instead of a leisurely week. I like the leisure.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem , works for me! Just let me know what all parts you're interested in and I'll set them aside for ya.

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
Bed, GV, Sending units so far.

I am looking for a really nice dash pad, my speaker grille is starting to pop out. Perhaps a steering wheel center with the cruise control buttons, if very nice (for a spare). I could not tell how your rear bumper looked. Mine is painted, a chrome one would be nice.