7.3 idi upgrades??

Babe

Reaction score
hey guys what are the basic and maybe not so basic upgrades i can do to my turbo edition 93 7.3 idi? new to an idi motor...:sly:love::rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum first of all. Next we did not have a turbo option in the first part of 93 year so your telling us the air filter on your engine says Ford and not ATS.. Thats going to tell us if the turbo is a factory fitted or an aftermarket turbo. What turbo maker is it also. Only the last 6 months of the 93 year were turbos added to the engine. The serial number will have a K in it. the location is to the drivers side of the injection pump gear cover housing. might need to scrape away some rtv and dirt but its there. Upgrades run from mild to wild. Most will change the injection pumps to the famous Moose pump line. they are sold thru Conestoga Diesel Injection of Pa. The owner is Mel and he is a member in long good standing here. His signon name is Agnem. A typ4 cam is another popular upgrade too. Turning up the pump is a simple mod too. Increasing the turbo boost wastegate to increase the boost is another mod thats easy to do.. The tuff to do stuff includes porting the heads and all the machining done to straighten the main webs or the bores. Doing this reduces drag and increases the lost hp to internal drag.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get rid if the crushed downpipe,wrap all the pipes with exhaust wrap, and install an intercooler are a couple first mods i'd do with a factory turbo truck before she hit the road.

Babe

Reaction score
hey guys thanks for the info the top of my air bow DOES say FORD so that means factory turbo? thanks for the other info

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Yes, with the ford on the air box like that, it is a 99% chance its a factory turbo.