7.3 compressor wheel

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to pull the turbo on my late 99 because the pedestal o-rings are leaking and I decided to just rebuild the turbo while I'm there considering it has 400k on it and has never been touched. I also decided to upgrade my compressor wheel while I'm there to a ww2 but I found one that looks basically identical from spoologic for half the price. So my question is this, have any of you guys used or heard anything about the spoologic wheel and would it be worth it to try. Thanks in advance for your response.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go cheap on something that if it fails will destroy the engine. How much play is in your existing turbo? I've never heard of a turbo failure with stock tuning.

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is barely any play but the housing is leaking a little bit... That truck hasn't had stock tuning since the year it was made lol.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Perfect time for a upgrade...
I would at least do a bearing upgrade, delete the ebpv, and a ww2 or other similar wheel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't thought about the ebpv delete but may as well do that while I'm there. I'm planning on replacing the up pipes while I'm there too cuz I'm not sure those have ever been done either. I already have a 4in exhaust, is there anything else I should do while I'm there?

Skidtech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with the 4+4 wheel from riff raff and I'm really happy with it. I cant tell any difference in egt but I gained about 5psi and it spools alot faster but best of all it doesnt chuckle anymore.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach