7.3 and Archoil 9100

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
How many of you are running Archoil in your 7.3 engine oil? What are your results? I have had pretty good luck with it in customers 6.0 trucks that were having some terrible cold starts due to stiction. Tried it in some high mileage 7.3's a few times. It may have helped a little bit with some roughness and excessive smoke after a cold start but didn't work nearly as well as it did on the 6.0 style injectors.

Curious on what anyone else had for results

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Read up on the differences between 6.0 and 7.3 injectors, you will find why it has better results in a 6.0.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I know the main differences, wasn't asking that. I was asking what others have had for results, for comparison purposes, forum discussion, learning, sharing experiences etc. Thanks.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a good diesel synthetic oil within decent oil change intervals would make this stuff a waste of money? Only times I've ever had startign issues with my 7.3 powerstrokes was weak batteries or more than 1 glow plug out. I run synthetic rotella T in winter and regular oil in summer. all are what you would consider high mileage, none have had injectors replaced. Eseries 2003, Fseries 1996 and 1997.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yup that's what im thinking. I tried it a couple times to confirm that it really didn't help much on the 7.3's, and high mileage as in 340,000miles and the other was at 580,000km. Both of which ran well once warmed up but ran rough and smoked hard for several mins when started cold. All glow plugs and compression numbers were good, was 100% tired injectors so I figured that they would be a good test.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's what im thinking. I tried it a couple times to confirm that it really didn't help much on the 7.3's, and high mileage as in 340,000miles and the other was at 580,000km. Both of which ran well once warmed up but ran rough and smoked hard for several mins when started cold. All glow plugs and compression numbers were good, was 100% tired injectors so I figured that they would be a good test.
As I just found out with my 2000, it might be worth looking at shimming the injectors. It's actually a cheap and easy process, and went from "No start when not plugged in below 70+F" to "Fires right up cleanly at 40". And I can totally see that every PSD injector will need these shims eventually.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yup. Did a set some time ago also, it did help out quite a bit. Ran the same once warmed up but helped on the cold starts.