6.9l wiring

64rarebird

Reaction score
? just starting to fininsh up the plumbing and begining to work on the wiring for my 6.9l idi engine swap project, I have the complete glow plug harness and actually still have the donor truck if anything else is needed, I understand these motors are fairly straight forward to wire up was just wondering if anybody has a diagram or any input, i am planning to use a push button for the glow plugs really just need to know what wires to power up for the glow plugs and the injection pump, the starter is staight forward, the idi is currently sitting in a 77 F250 so need to know what i need and where to get this thing up and running. A big thanks in advance for any help provided ! I am a fairly confident fabricator ,and mechanic just when it comes to wiring i still get lost lol!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a place to start.

You must be registered for see images attach

64rarebird

Reaction score
So if i am reading that correct power up the brown and dark blue to the push button for the glow plugs and fuel line heater? and the red light green is the key on off for the injection pump?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Red/Lightgreen feeds the fuel heater also. It's not a very clear diagram is it?

64rarebird

Reaction score
Thanks for the help , got some of the wiring done today along a ton of other stuff, trying to fit this idi into a 77 f250 highboy. Got the glow plugs and starter wired up simple enough still not a 100% sure where to send the ignition key power to I think its the red light green wires? Also trying to figure out which wire to use of my trucks igmition switch I know i read it somewhere but cant seem to find it again, I think the correct ignition power wire from my 77 is red/blue that was powering the control module originally?

64rarebird

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Franklin got her up and running today with a few jumper wires, need to hard wire them in,would you be able to provide any help into the alt wiring? Got the ignition figured out now need to figure out the alt wiring i keept everything in place when i stripped the donor truck, just not to sure as to what wires to send key on power to trigger the alt?