6.9 low/no power

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
That sucks. If you were closer I have a clutch just taking up room on my shelf. Its used but plenty of life left on it for my old t19 I used to run on my 85. I swapped up for a zf5 to claim a touch of the ever elusive fuel mileage. Even if it is just on the highway! Lol.

Weldingman

Reaction score
Lol thanks. I wish I had time to mess with it but I don’t… so she’s heading to the shop this week.

Weldingman

Reaction score
Oh and the throw out bearing itself may be a greaseable bearing. Some opted for it. Some Didnt. Im just hoping yours does. Also check the "fingers" on the pressure plate while your in there. Just refrain from having a buddy mash the clutch pedal while your fingers are in there. Im sure some of us have already figured this out the hard way
So I was under the truck about a month ago spraying fluid film. Some over spray must have got onto the flywheel allowing the clutch to slip and glazing over the flywheel. This is what caused the No power. Hopefully this helps someone else if this ever happens to them. Be careful when undercoating.